Health and Wellness Student Leadership Board members provide honest, thorough, and critical feedback to questions and scenarios to help guide the work of student health and wellness at ISU, including providing feedback on programs, initiatives, marketing efforts, strategic planning, and more.
Feedback and engagement will help the Associate Vice President for Student Health and Wellness (AVP) and Student Health and Wellness Unit create new programming, assist in effective student messaging, and facilitate an open channel of constructive feedback regarding how university operations influence the student experience around health and wellness.
The board will meet in-person once per month with the AVP for Student Health and Wellness and the Directors of the Student Health and Wellness Unit. The board will also receive online engagement opportunities via Canvas or email and members are expected to respond to the topic presented. Depending on the topic and urgency, members may have several hours or several days to respond to requests for feedback. Additional feedback may include participation in focus groups or attendance at town hall meetings.
Meet the 2022-23 Board
Meetings for Spring 2023 are scheduled at 4:10pm on the following dates:
- Monday, February 6, 2023
- Monday, March 6, 2023
- Monday, April 3, 2023
Students will be paid employees of Student Health and Wellness and will receive an hourly rate of $12/hour. Students are expected to work approximately 3 hours per month.
Duties and expectations for Health and Wellness Student Leadership Board members:
- Complete all necessary paperwork and orientation.
- Participate in scheduled meetings.
- Regularly check email/Canvas and respond to engagement opportunities.
- Respond to requests for scheduling events and other opportunities.
- If unable to participate in a meeting or respond to requests online, contact the assigned supervisor as soon as practical for an extension or explanation.
- Fulfill the obligations of a board member to the best of your abilities by providing timely, thorough, and relevant responses.
This position is renewable, at the AVP’s or board supervisor’s discretion, and may terminate at any time for failure to comply with the requirements above. A board member may also resign and terminate their agreement at any time, provided they do so in writing to the supervisor.
Applications for Fall 2022 are now closed. Applications for the 2023-24 Student Leadership Board will open during the Spring 2023 semester.